Gabe will be attending a Wednesday enrichment program this year. Today we went to their Open House.

The time of the orientation was Max's nap time, so he was kind of cranky.

Gabe seemed interested in this dinosaur assembly set laid out on the science table.

He arranged them to make a dinosaur man!

I actually didn't know that this was a religious-based program. It doesn't bother me except for the evolution thing, because I believe that the religious homeschooling movement has gone out of its way to invent its own nonsense/non-science (and also non-Bible-based) explanations to try to get rid of the nagging problem of the theory of evolution. I didn't see any pictures of dinosaurs boarding the Ark, but I'm pretty sure that's part of the theory ...

Dan noted that the computers are ancient ...

... and their ink cartridges expired six years ago.

... All in all a positive experience though. We met a lady there Dan knew, and her son will be in Gabe's class.
Goodnight!

Pedant alert: evolution isn't a theory - it's a fact. The "theory" most folks are referring to is Darwin's theory of natural selection (a theory, apparently, so incredibly well-corroborated that it's nigh-impossible to conceive of anything that would topple it at this point). :-*
ReplyDelete