Max can say a few words, and understand a lot more! He tries to imitate and can copy syllables and voice inflection, but his ability to pronounce those syllables is limited! It comes out as a mixture of "boo," "ba," "ya," "aht," "dat," etc. (BTW he smudged my camera lens so a lot of these pictures were blurry till I figured it out and wiped it!)

As far as I can figure, he refers to most objects as "bah" or "dat." Food is "boo." (Balloons are "boo" too.) The potty is called "blaah." Anything touching the head is "hat," and anything drunk from a cup or glass is "hot."

Today he figured out that Fidget has a "hot" too!

Max understands a lot of what we say ... he knows what "go outside" means. Of course he understands what I say when I'm going to change his diaper or put on his clothes. And he understands, "Come see Mama!" (When he hears it, he usually starts running away!) Here he is, discovering a dead June bug in a bucket. "Dat? Dat?"

Today when we were shopping I suddenly remembered that Gabe needed new underwear. I hadn't noticed because I don't ever see him putting on his clothes, and then I kept forgetting to buy it. When the revelation hit me while we were at Wal-Mart, I hollered, "Gabe, you need some new underwear!" He was so embarrassed. It was then that I realized that I have become one of those embarrassing moms!

Here's one of the hideous pictures I found on my camera when I picked it up a few minutes ago! Happy, Brian? (I have to post pics of him so he'll visit my blog. Otherwise, I'll lose like half of my readership ... ha ha.)

No comments:
Post a Comment