Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gabe goes to class.


Today was the first day of Gabe's weekly enrichment classes for this school year.  So guess who I spent the day with!




Max had a "screamy night" last night.  (That is my new phrase for the nights he wakes up screaming several times.)  Although his first teeth came in one by one, it seems like all the rest of them just decided to come in all at once!




But he had a happy day anyway!  We went to the library, got the car inspected, and shopped at the Goodwill store.




Gabe said he liked the enrichment class!  But he's never forthcoming with information.  It was the typical, "How was it?"  "Good."  "What did you learn about?"  "I don't remember."




I have to ask very specific questions.  I've learned to always ask, "Did anyone get in trouble today?  Was it you?  Did someone tell you to quit doing something or pay attention?"  He has been known to misbehave, but he rarely lies about it, so I think this is a good gauge of how he is doing.  (It seems he is in no trouble so far.)




Gabe and Joe were happy when Grandma found their box of paper puppet toys.




The boys have been bugging Grandma all summer to make them these toys out of cardstock with metal fasteners at the joints.  They love them!




Here is part of Grandma's portfolio.  I think that after spending a summer drawing superheroes and cartoon characters, Grandma's artistic abilities have improved!  (Nice work, Mom.)




Here's hoping tonight is a bit less "screamy."

No comments:

Post a Comment