Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spiders vs. Lions and my stupid scorpion.


Today was the first soccer game for Gabe and Joe's team, the Black Spiders.  They played the Lions.




Although we didn't participate in the spirit parade, Joe let the coach spray some green paint in his hair to show his team spirit.  Gabe got one spray, and he was annoyed about it so the coach left him alone.




Max was not a good spectator.  He wouldn't wear his sun hat from the dollar store!  Here he is trying to eat the chin strap.   




Gabe went after the ball and played really well!




I don't know much about the rules of soccer, but occasionally a player throws in the ball from out of bounds.  Once Gabe got overzealous and threw the ball directly into the opposing teams's net.  You can't score a goal this way, but it was a good plan!  This earned some chuckles from the audience.




The Black Spiders played a good game!  End score was a tie, 3-3.




Joe played a good game, but he was apparently coming down with something.




Here's the street weirdo we saw on the way home.  He climbed up on this crosswalk sign wearing a mask, dancing, smoking a cigarette and blowing smoke through the mask's eyeholes.  (I guess he was hired to hold the sign below him.)




Afterward we went to Target, and I found the perfect toy scorpion for our Egypt party in the $1 bin.  I couldn't believe my luck!  (That is, until we got home, and I discovered that although the toy was represented on the receipt, it was not in any of the bags!)  




I called the store, and Dan saved the day by driving back and getting my stupid scorpion.






Here is Buddy's bee box.  Tomorrow he's going to get some bees!




Buddy was excited to show the box to Maya.  It smells like wax on the inside.  When she looked inside he said, "Now, what do you think it smells like?"  And Maya smiled and said, "Bees!"  




Here's my cute little Black Spider holding my stupid scorpion!

No comments:

Post a Comment