Dan likes these cinnamon disc candies, and he had this bag sitting out:

Gabe took an extended potty break during homeschool today. I kept hollering, "Did you fall in? Did you drown?" His voice on the other side of the door assured me he was okay, so I kept playing with Max and working in the kitchen.

When he came out of the bathroom, his face was broken out in a red rash. He is allergic to those cinnamon discs, and was having a reaction! He had been sneaking candy in the bathroom, and the evidence was all over his face. (The redness is not pictured here, since I didn't know where the camera was at the time, and was too concerned about the reaction worsening to go and look for it!)

The reaction subsided after about 30 minutes. It's hard to pinpoint what, exactly, Gabe is allergic to. He's not allergic to cinnamon. I'd blame it on the red dye, but he has had the same problem sometimes with mint candies and gum.

Finished dinner and writing calorie counts on everything for Dan's diet (and mine)!

I pulled out the sling for the first time in a few months, and Max fell asleep in it while I was cooking.

Gabe has to turn in a poster this week about some state other than Texas. I thought he might pick Florida since he's been there, but instead he picked Alaska because it's the biggest!

Grandma and Buddy have been to Alaska so I got him to talk to them about it ... He's been calling it "Alas-a-ka." I told him the capitol is Juneau and asked if he knew what the capitol of Texas is. His answer? "T." Of course!

Here are Brian and Mom with the babies and Ian (Christian and Elizabeth's son) tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment