Monday, March 1, 2010

On the horizon.


We started out the day doing multiplication again.  




Here are the finished products for Osiris and Isis, the Egyptian god of the land of the dead and his sister/wife (that part is always difficult to explain).  I tried to sculpt them to be sturdy and stand up.  (Okay, so Osiris still falls over.)  Before I baked Isis I thought she looked like a mole.  Gabe said she looked like a troll.  Genuinely trying to be sweet last night he says to me, "Mom, I'm sorry you're doing such a terrible job with Isis.  I like her anyway.  But you can make another one, if you want to."


Next we took a field trip to visit a homeschooling enrichment center where Gabe will probably attend weekly classes next year.  They teach geography, sign language, science with lab, drama, and P.E.  Seemed pretty nice, and we were looking for an alternative since The Light House will probably go out of business next year!





Coming up soon we will be starting our study of Ancient Greece!




Here is the good stuff we'll use to start our unit and try to spark Gabe's interest in Greek mythology.








No comments:

Post a Comment