Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Max vs. the shirt, and Mom vs. Gabe's toys.



Since we were going to the library this morning, Max had to put on a shirt ... for the first time in two days!



He's figured out that if he fusses enough, he doesn't usually have to wear one!  He won't even let me put one on him while he sleeps anymore!



The shirt came off as soon as we got back home.  Here he is, eating pineapple and watching the Incredible Hulk.



He dropped his fork, then called out, "Mama!  I drop the Hulk."



Then he said (as if to himself), "No, it's not the Hulk.  It's the fork."



"Mama, I drop the fork!"



He talks all day, and he's so funny to listen to!



Gabe came home from his class and was immediately angry when I reported that I'd forgotten to check the toy section at Walmart.  (Mama is not a good liar.)



Yesterday he took pictures of all the toys I should be looking for online.  So I get the bad mom award today.  (Dan stopped at the store to look on his way home.)



The toy collection thing is a great source of friction between Gabe and me.  Does this look like a kid who needs more toys?



Furthermore, does this look like a house that needs more toys?



Guess what.  Brian's air conditioning went out.  I guess they are going to have to go to a hotel tonight ...?  Sorry, Brian and fam.  More on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment