Friday, September 2, 2011

Gabe's memories of last fall.


This morning Gabe, Max and I took our first walk to the mailbox in a couple of months!



We have only been waiting on cool enough weather to walk there and back ... without getting drenched in sweat!  (Highs have finally dropped out of the triple digits.)



On the walk, Gabe remarked happily that it was cooler, and then started telling me about his memories from this time last year.  First, he remembers getting this Armodrillo toy ...



He remembers waiting excitedly for toys coming on the UPS truck.



He remembers when I watched every single episode of Punky Brewster.  (At the time it was a pleasant way to numb my mind, and part of my coping mechanism when I found out about my genetic mutation and lived in fear of my lump.)



He remembers the rain ... back when that used to happen.



Gabe also remembered visiting the Cartoon Network exhibit at the Museum of Health ...



... and our Halloween party.  He said that all those memories of last fall are combined together in his mind.  I enjoyed hearing them, so I decided to share!



Gabe did well with his homeschool today!



Eating dinner, Max kept asking to go see Joe.  "Joe!  Joe!  Joe!"  But Daddy shut him up by giving him a pickle.



Gabe said, "I can't wait to tell Joe that Max gave him up for a pickle."  Thinking this was rather funny, he added, "You can put that on the blog."

But Max didn't actually give up that easily!  After his pickle, he and I went out to see Joe.


No comments:

Post a Comment