Every year, right at the beginning of the fall, our yard is graced by yellow daisies growing everywhere!
They appear right after the purple mossy flowers, decorate our yard for about a month, then disappear right before the Halloween party.
So, they are a happy reminder of the change of seasons, and the coming of the BEST time of year!
On the homeschool front, we have just wrapped up our units on weather and Mexico (although I'll keep teaching Spanish at co-ops). Now we are on to learning about the changing seasons, and also ...
Halloween, and ...
Italy!! (I decided on Italy one day when I was craving Italian food, but it can also play into the Renaissance theme our co-op is doing before homeschool day at the Ren Fest.) If anyone has suggestions for Italian books/movies/experiences (or restaurants) I'll take them!
Gabe doesn't care for math or writing, but he does seem to enjoy the unit studies. We're also working on some Spanish and learning a bit of sign language together to go along with what he's learning in classes.
Time for more of Gabe's art! Here's Goku ...
... and Majin-Buu, a couple of favorites from Dragon Ball Z. Gabe plays the video game and watches some of the cartoon saga every night.
Here's the silly way Dan had dressed Max when I got back from my run tonight!










No comments:
Post a Comment