Monday, September 27, 2010

Kidnapped camera.


Some days Dan has to take the camera to work.  Today was one of those days.



Today Buddy took Maya to Lowe's and bought her a Mickey and Minnie toy.  Later she was playing in the barn with Grandma and Buddy and said, "I just love you guys so much!"  Dad said, "Thank you, Maya!"  Maya said, "I wasn't talking to you.  I was talking to Mickey and Minnie!"  (But she reassured Mom and Dad that she liked them a lot too, though ... )



I want to make it a new rule that we don't tell Gabe about any packages we order unless we know exactly when they're coming.  Gabe is expecting some toys shipping from Hong Kong.  First thing every morning, for the last two weeks, he wakes up and says, "Mom, is the mail here yet?"



And I say, "No, the mail doesn't come till the afternoon."  When the time comes, we take a long hike to the mailbox.  And the toy is not there.  And Gabe is just shattered.  And then we repeat the same ordeal the next day.



Joe came over after school.  "So Gabe, did you get your package yet?"



Gabe said, "No, it didn't come yet.  And I got so mad about it that I got sent to my room."



Today I found out that MD Anderson failed to schedule my appointment in early December, as they were supposed to.  They admitted that they made a mistake, but said they could not fix it.  So, I won't be seeing the gynecologic oncologist until a week after my follow up at the breast center in January.

Combined with a round of yucky colds, it's been mostly a blah day.



No comments:

Post a Comment