Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Etiquette class, Jamey's witch, and identity theft.


After our morning lessons today we went to visit another homeschooling family.  The mom, Cindy, is teaching an etiquette class!  So Gabe spent the afternoon learning about phone etiquette ...




What I didn't realize at first was that Gabe thought this class was punishment for some specific incidence of impoliteness on his part!  (When he found out it wasn't just for him, he was a bit happier about going.)




Afterward I taught the kids my (same) Spanish lesson.  Here's Max, once we got home, emptying a box of crayons all over the floor.




Oh, and hey!  I need more boom boxes for Halloween!  I'm going to buy batteries for them and put them in the woods for some awesome sound effects.  If you lend me yours, I promise not to leave it outside and let it get messed up.  Also, I promise that the above will not happen to your radio ...  (The above piece of junk does not work anyway, so it is Max's toy/decoy radio.)




Today Buddy went to Bev's house to pick up Jamey's Halloween witch.




Jamey constructed this lovely lady, named her Hazel, and kept her in their driveway every year for trick-or-treaters!  We are happy to have her as an addition to our Halloween decor this year!




Dan got this in the mail today.  I thought it was going to be some kind of an exit survey from Rice, since he just quit working there.  But instead it is a notification of identity theft.  Somehow they let his all of his personal information, including his social security number, slip out of their hands to a third party.  Notice how this is marked CONFIDENTIAL.  A little late for that gesture, I'd say!




So, they offer some kind of service that checks his credit at intervals to make sure no one is using his identity. Hmmm ... we'll see what happens.




Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment