Monday, May 2, 2011

A strange, cold, sad day.


The last I checked, my calendar says it's May ...



So why did I have to dress my kids in warm jackets today?



Gabe woke up with a fever this morning.  Guess he's not going to miss out on it after all.



Max's ears are obviously bothering him a little.  I'm waiting to see if it gets better or worse.



The sad part:  We got rid of Buster today.



He tried to attack another one of Brian's visitors (who was not able to walk from Brian's vehicle to his own, with the dog threatening).  Since we could not keep Buster contained or control his aggression toward other people, we made this difficult decision.  Mom and Dad took him to the Humane Society.  No other shelter would take him, and one made a point of telling me that he was a liability to any owner or shelter.



Here are the kids, enjoying the back yard without getting injured.  That is one thing they haven't been able to do much for more than a year.



Of course everyone knows, but for the sake of looking back at this blog, I'll mention that Osama bin Laden was killed by US forces last night.



Yeah, he was our enemy and a bad guy.  But I still don't really feel like celebrating anyone's death.



This has been a long string of negative posts, hasn't it?



I shouldn't complain too much.  We are fortunate and blessed in so many ways.  I know that our bad days are better than the good days of lots of people.  I can't wait till everyone around here is healthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment