Monday, May 9, 2011

Fluid in my ears, none in the pond.


Conversation with Gabe today:
Gabe - "I don't know why anybody would ever like math."
Me- "I like math."
Gabe - "That's because you like to get smarter.  I have better things to do with my time."



Last night Max said the longest sentence I ever heard him say.  He said, "A big monster's gonna come get you!"  I think he speaks very well for somebody who just turned two!



Grandma made Gabe this "Overkil" puppet today.



When Max got up from his nap today he started yelling, "Mama!  I ready!  I ready!"  (I guess whenever he wakes up from his nap I usually do ask him if he's ready to get up.)



Buddy is refinishing the asphalt driveway.  Gabe and I accidentally walked on it this morning ...



If you are local, you know we need rain!  At the compound here, our pond is starting to dry up!



Here's a big mass of tadpoles huddled and swimming together in a shallow area of the pond.



Raccoon prints going across the muddy bottom of the pond. 



There still appears to be enough water for the little fish and turtles who call our pond home.  We hope, for their sake, that it doesn't dry all the way up!  (In the eight years we've been living here, it's only dried up completely once.)



Well, today is day 11 that I have not been able to hear well out of my left ear ... now three days longer than this problem has ever lasted before.  I pulled out this ear fluid monitor I bought when Gabe was a baby, and it says I should see a doctor.  I'm giving it just a little longer, but started to wonder why it's not getting better!!



No comments:

Post a Comment