Saturday, May 28, 2011

Quick break: Last soccer game!


Okay, I have one more (extremely important!) vegan reason to present, but I'm putting it off till tomorrow because ...



Today was Gabe and Joe's last soccer game of the season!



Unfortunately they played the Fireballs!  The players on that team are all small, but quick!  Two Asian boys (who must be brothers) are excellent at defense.  (Hey, maybe they'll be on our team next time.)



Everyone came for the last game!



The kids played hard, and well.



Max was pretty good, compared to usual ...



He ate some pretzels (which he kept calling "pickles") and actually seemed interested in watching Gabe and Joe kick the ball.



Afterward, they had their team party at CiCi's Pizza.



Introducing our little one to the Standard American Diet during my healthy vegan week!  :(



The party was pretty fun.



This photo tells a story:  Gabe was walking very slowly to try not to spill the drink he'd filled all the way to the rim.  Dan was hollering at him to just take a sip of it, then walk normally!



The weirdo restaurant manager wore a pirate hat and led the kids in a nice little brainwashing song ...  "We don't need no Pizza Hut.  We don't need no Papa John's ..."  Then he gave them all a ticket for a free buffet next time.



Well, I guess I can't drop out of social interactions that include the S.A.D.  But I don't have to eat the bad stuff.  And I can just try to limit what my kids consume until they're old enough to think beyond what tastes good.



The coach called up each player and congratulated them on their individual strengths.



He told Gabe that every coach loves to have a left-footed player!  And especially one with such a good, strong kick!  (Another coach has recognized the Rocket Foot!)



He told Joe that he is the "sneakiest" player, all over the field, and always where the ball is.  (He is "on the ball!")



This year's soccer picture ... Was Gabe not feeling well that day?



We've really enjoyed watching the Blue Lightning play this season!  Gabe will always remember that this is the team that he named!



Max didn't want to get off the little horse when it was time to go home!



No comments:

Post a Comment