Resuming work on the pole barn today ...
The structure is looking good! Dan didn't get to help today because he had to work. (It was the last day of registration.)
Brian, pointing to the shadow the barn is making ... an indicator of progress!
Maxie had a nightmare last night. He woke up saying, "Monsters, Mama, monsters!"
Today he discovered ants crawling in my purse, and he was extremely concerned about it. Max seems a little more anxious lately ... not sure why.
I guess there are some changes in the air, as school looms on the horizon.
We picked up a few miscellaneous school supplies today. A guy down the aisle poked fun at us for buying supplies at the last moment. Little does he know, we buy whatever we want, whenever we want to!
I decided to try a software curriculum this year for a change, so Gabe can do some school work on the computer.
Got a used version of Switched on Schoolhouse. It's a little heavy on the apologia but we can sift through that. I'm hoping that I can get him started and progress to some degree of independence with it, in preparation for my working part-time starting next school year.
Daddy helped me get the program working.
So, I've got some materials and some ideas. From there we are gonna wing it. I don't think it's a perfect lesson plan that makes a kid's education, but rather a broad range of exposures and interest-based learning. Unfortunately, I've got my work cut out for me in that regard, because grabbing Gabe's interest with any subject other than Dragon Ball Z and Ben 10 may require a magic wand. I keep trying to get us off the ground, daydreaming all the while of how we could be soaring if he were a bit more malleable!








No comments:
Post a Comment