Monday, August 22, 2011

First day of fourth grade.



Here's Gabe on his first day of fourth grade!  It went more smoothly than expected.  He liked the computer curriculum and the Marvel math book.  (The first word problem was about figuring out how many total vampires Blade destroyed in one night!)  We learned about early settlers in America, the supercontinent Pangaea, living vs. nonliving things, and atoms.  We also reviewed addition, read Dracula and Frankenstein are Friends, and wrote a few sentences in a journal.



Lately Max seems anxious and clingy when I leave him at the barn for awhile.



But he played nicely with Grandma during Gabe's lessons.



It doesn't take long to get through a school day's lessons when you're working one-on-one!



Pretty soon he was back on his own time.



Max and I had another incident with hot peppers today.



I think that applying something unpleasantly hot may be a technique some mothers have used to wean their babies.  Well, this happened to us today, but it was an accident!



I won't go into the details, even though they are humorous ...  ("Mama, this one hot!")  Who knew that that much spice could remain if one object touches another that touches another that touches another?  Poor Max's lips turned bright pink!



We like spicy foods!



Maya says that her new teacher is very nice.



Joe's teacher is nice too ... but maybe she needs to learn how to spell!!

Goodnight!!






No comments:

Post a Comment