Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer routines.



Library day again!  



Max usually resists getting in the buggy, so I wind up carrying him on my shoulder while pushing it.  I managed to put him in today, though, for the price of only about ten seconds of shrieking protest.  Progress!



On the way, Gabe and Joe were bickering back and forth about a favorite topic:  their watches.  Yes, Gabe's watch is two minutes slow, and Joe's is one minute fast ... AND THIS HAS BEEN A MAIN TOPIC OF CONVERSATION ALL SUMMER!!  What time is it on Gabe's watch now?  And what time is it on Joe's watch?  What time will it be on Gabe's watch in five minutes?  And whose watch keeps better time?  Grandma and I may just pull all our hair out if we hear this conversation repeated again.



Every day we read stories while Max is asleep ...



Then the boys get really excited, asking if they can be the one to wake him up!



Next we drive to the mailbox to see if anybody got a package with toys in it.



When the daddies get home, I get my break (for exercise, dinner, blog, shower, changing the sheets, cleaning up)!



We won't be on our usual routine tomorrow though.  Buddy, Max and I are going to MD Anderson for my mammogram, MRI, and meeting with Dr. Arun (prayers and positive thoughts appreciated).  Since the doctor appointment is at 4, we plan to eat dinner in Houston and shop at Whole Foods till traffic dies down.

Tomorrow, Grandma gets to listen to the boys argue about their watches all by herself!


No comments:

Post a Comment