This morning Dad drove Max and me downtown for my breast appointments.
Max slept most of the way there.
Buddy and Max spent most of their day hanging out together in waiting rooms.
I had the mammogram first. The report basically said that there was nothing remarkable, but the study was limited by the fact that I am breastfeeding.
Next, unexpectedly, the clinic called me and asked me to come in for my 4 p.m. appointment right away. So I was in and out of there by noon! At that point, we thought we'd be getting home early!
My MRI was scheduled for 2 p.m.
So we went downstairs, where Buddy and I ate minestrone soup and Max had crackers.
They gave me a room to breastfeed before the MRI. But they were running behind, so I wound up returning to the room again in my gown, with my IV.
The second time Max went to sleep. He slept on Buddy in the waiting room for an hour and a half. Buddy had to sit still with Max while I was lying still for my MRI!
But I didn't lie still enough the whole 45 minutes, because I moved my head slightly when my face was hurting from pressing down hard on the face rest. She griped at me and had to repeat one of the series. Oops.
It was 4:30 by the time we got into the car and tried to head home, but traffic was awful! So we stopped and ate at the Hobbit Cafe ...
... then went to Whole Foods where I finally got to buy many much-needed items!
Buddy and Max apparently spent much of their time just standing and staring at this alligator. Max sure was excited about it ... maybe he was remembering our trip to the swamp!
It was 6:45 by the time we got in the car and headed home. Traffic was light, and we zipped home in a jiffy.
I don't have results from the MRI yet (and may not till Monday, since the nurse will be out). I am assuming they'll notify me quickly if there's anything bad. Because of family history, I feel cautiously optimistic about my odds for breast cancer, despite the statistics. My expectation is that they will find abnormalities, but they will be benign. Will keep everyone posted!















No comments:
Post a Comment