So excited about our upcoming trip! We are going to Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.
In the meantime I am trying to teach Gabe (and occasionally Joe, when he's around!) about all things Cajun. Yesterday we read this story called "Why Alligator Hates Dog."
Today we read one called There Was an Ol' Cajun, a Cajun version of the story about the old woman who swallowed the fly. "There was an ol' Cajun who swallowed a gnat." And every other page says, "Why he did dat?" Ha.
We watched the Scooby movie about the zombies in the swamp ...
I made a CD of every song I could think of that had anything to do with Louisiana.
And today we started reading Locked in Time. Trying to skip over the boring/girly parts and then explain everything I read, after I read it.
Someone is going to need another bribe to be pleasant on vacation.
Dad brought some okra home from the farm today ... gumbo!
These little projects add some spice to our everyday life ...
I'll probably be writing a lot more about this subject during the next two weeks!










No comments:
Post a Comment