It's the beginning of the first full week of summer vacation ...
... and the summer fun is already in full swing!
Contemplating my goals for this summer.
One is to keep the learning going on a low-key level. Today we did an experiment using red cabbage juice to determine if liquids are acids or bases. Gabe and Joe paid a little bit of attention (but not too much)!
I'm afraid math facts are going to get forgotten over the summer! Pulled out a few flash cards today, and got Gabe to play some math games online (to avoid losing a dollar for a minor offense) ... Too bad math has to be a punishment.
I know the art will continue because he enjoys it. Somehow we need to incorporate writing though!
Dad's Texas Star flowers.
Yay, we got some rain today!
Gabe said he made the rain come by donning this beard and pretending to be Jesus. Then he told us a joke: "What's God's favorite plant? Treesus."
Another major goal is to transition Gabe to a healthier diet!! I couldn't sleep last night, trying to figure how to do this.
Spaghettios and macaroni and cheese are unfortunate staples. (Luckily he already loves fruit and tolerates raw veggies.) Today we've started the step-by-step process of eliminating the junk, and also introducing healthy substitutes. Battles ensued, but Gabe won't let me tell those stories on the blog.
This summer, I am going to win the war.











No comments:
Post a Comment