Gabe still has a fever.
So he went to the doctor today.
The story is a little more complicated than that. This morning he had no fever, so we canceled the appointment. When the fever came back, I made him an appointment for Monday. But when Gabe indicated that he was having abdominal pain, I called back and got an emergency appointment!
There's nothing Daddy would rather do on Saturday afternoon than sit in the pediatrician's office.
They swabbed him for flu and strep, and the doc did a complete exam.
No strep, no flu. The only abnormality she found on examining him was the fever.
She said that she thinks this will be the last febrile day. If he still has fever on Monday, we'll keep his other appointment.
I was concerned that he wouldn't eat this morning. He didn't touch his breakfast, and he didn't even want any gummy vitamins. The doc said that if he won't eat, we should take him to the hospital. He told her, "I just want restaurant food."
So she said her only prescription was to get him to eat. Daddy obliged by stopping at Sonic on the way home.
What a way to get a hamburger and fries!
Well, it was inevitable I guess. Max is now running a little bit of fever. I'm still spiking temps up to 102. Wow ... this is a beast indeed. I'll feel much better when at least one of us gets rid of the fever (for good this time)!











No comments:
Post a Comment