Sunday, March 20, 2011

College Station, part 1.


This weekend we took our first trip as a family of four, to College Station, Texas!



It's not easy to vacation with kids, but I figured this would be low-stress since it isn't far!  We made the trip fun for Gabe by eating out (which we never do nowadays!) and utilized a $30 toy-money bribe to keep him from whining the whole trip.  "If you whine, you'll lose all your money!"  It (mostly) worked!!



So anyway, once upon a time, in 1993, this girl left home and went to college at Texas A&M.  (This is me in my dorm room.)




She got a scholarship and spent her first year living in Lechner Hall (where the freshman recipients of academic scholarships lived).  We proudly called ourselves the "Lechnerds."



I took only a handful of pictures of Texas A&M the whole time I attended there, so I have few for comparison.  But, it looks mostly the same!  (Here are Daddy and Max, approaching Lechner Hall from the parking lot that was ALWAYS full -- and probably still is when the students aren't on Spring Break.)



I lived on campus for two years and had two roommates.  This is my second roommate, Charity Enloe.  She and I lived together for 3 of those 4 semesters.  After our first year in Lechner we moved to ...



McFadden Hall (photo courtesy of Gabe).



Funny that I seem to remember Lechner better than McFadden ...



It's funny the things you do remember, and the way that memories return ...



... as you take a look back in time through eyes that have been to the future and know how everything turned out.

More coming!





No comments:

Post a Comment