Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Oil Ranch.


Today Gabe, Max, and I went to the Oil Ranch with Grandma, Buddy, Joe and Maya.  (I'm having a really hard time with Blogger right now, so be patient with this post ... not sure if I can complete it!)



Buddy was not impressed with the long line to get our tickets.



And Max is still not back to his happy-camper self.  He was up late into the night crying ... ears?  Nose?  He got poked in the eye yesterday by the sharp corner of a box, and we were afraid he'd scratched his cornea.  If there's anything in the world I need right now, I think, it's a general improvement in Max's mood!



I forgot that today was St. Patrick's Day!



Both boys rang the bell ...



Riding on these sandbags was Gabe's favorite activity of the day.



Joe, in a near miss with the mud puddle underneath!



Off to the petting zoo!



Max loved petting the tiny goats ...



... but started screaming his head off when one of the geese outside the petting zoo gate bit his finger!



The boys chased each other through the maze.



Max was in a sour mood and decided to do his own thing for awhile ... swinging and kicking the dust (which he called "smoke").



Gabe, with the snow cone that attacked him.


Lunch!




Maya said, "It's celery time!"



Max started to brighten right when we were leaving.



Well, I won't be back tomorrow, because we are going to College Station!  I attended Texas A&M for four years but have not been back since I transferred in 1997.  Hoping and praying for a pleasant excursion, just the four of us.  I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment: