Trucks are Max's favorite things! He likes to talk about all different colors of trucks, trucks in the water, trucks stuck in the mud, fast trucks, ugly trucks, and "hot trucks" ...
Every time he goes to Grandma and Buddy's house he asks for "hot trucks!" I think this came about when we were looking for pictures of trucks on fire. But now it's Max's code for saying he wants to look at trucks on the i-pad.
Inspired by the science fair, Gabe and I did two "science projects" today. In the first one we moved two of the earth's plates together to create a tsunami. (We have, of course, been following the tsunami in Japan and are so glad that our friends Shuji and Noriyo are okay!)
For our other experiment we boiled stuff! Into a pot of boiling water we threw an egg, some noodles, an apple, a carrot, some peanuts, some sugar, a strawberry, some raisins, some grapes, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. Then we observed what happened to them! (I forgot to take a picture of the boiling pot, so here's the nasty aftermath. I guess we made lunch for the chickens!)
I thought I'd remark here and record for posterity that Gabe now likes ketchup. He never liked it before just recently, but now he can't get enough!
Here (below) is a video of Max playing with a truck. He makes sound effects just like Gabe does, and he tells Mama that the yellow truck is fast!






No comments:
Post a Comment