After two years of dorm life, I lived in Country Place Apartments from fall 1997 through spring 1999.
And yes, the complex is still there!
I lived in two different apartments there, but I never lived alone. [Some stories from this complex do not bear repeating.] Here's Dan's old silver car parked outside our second apartment.
I started out in apartment #216.
Gabe's mama and daddy inside that apartment in 1996.
Walking the grounds of the complex in 2011.
After spending the summer at home, working at Kleins, the second year we got apartment #801. I gained a lot of weight that year!
Blah!
In nutrition class that year we were supposed to analyze our caloric intake, and I discovered that if I continued to eat like I did for the three days studied, I would gain 77 lbs in the next year. At least that didn't happen!
Brian joined me that year at A&M. As I remember he did a lot of bike riding ...
a lot of computer stuff ...
(The internet was brand new to us, and we all had geocities web pages.)
We hung Christmas lights to decorate our apartment when Dan, Brian and I lived together. But we weren't much on cleaning. As I remember, we used mostly paper plates. The dishes were only washed once a week (and usually by me). I can still remember how awful it smelled in that sink!
Brian had a friend named Greg Godsey there who gave him and Dan ...
some goofy haircuts!
There was a lot of video game playing.
And a fair amount of studying too.
We all got along pretty well. We'd get up early and take naps during the day. Our usual bedtime was 4 a.m.
Dan would shuttle Brian and me back and forth to campus a lot of the time, but sometimes I took the bus. Here I am now, sitting on the bus bench outside the complex.
More College Station tomorrow!




















No comments:
Post a Comment