Up from our nap, Max and I discovered the resident cat, Snoopy, napping on our porch.
We joined everyone in the large common room. Arranged around and inside the fireplace are many pairs of boots ...
Mom added Dad's boots and asked me to take a picture ...
I WILL end this series of vacation posts today, and tomorrow will get back to present time tomorrow!
Mom prepared all our meals in this kitchen.
Maxie likes corn and rice.
Joe.
Gabe.
Quiet Hill Ranch is in Doss, Texas, which has a population of less than 300 ...
Very windy, but there's no one around (so it's the perfect place to have bad hair days).
Visiting the pig and chickens.
Their chickens look much healthier than ours ... they are missing far fewer feathers.
Even their eggs looked prettier ...
I thought this was cute.
Headed off to walk the trail ...
Pretty views! But the kids didn't seem to notice anything except the horse poop and the dead raccoon's head!
We did as much relaxing as we could with two almost-two-year-olds. A split second after this was taken I had to grab Max quick since he was headed for the cactus!
No TV in the community building stimulated the kids to think of some creative games. Maya used the Jenga blocks to make a restaurant. I think she said the tall tower was the place in the restaurant where people got married ...
Meanwhile Gabe was constructing this base out of dominoes.
Although it doesn't seem like it from the multitude of blog posts, this vacation felt too short!
Gabe wouldn't leave the porch by himself with the horse there in the morning!
On DAY 3 we had to say goodbye to Quiet Hill Ranch and start the journey back home!






















No comments:
Post a Comment