Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rosewood Hills pond.


Gabe and I have started LONG DIVISION.  He doesn't get it yet!  Afterward we went to the Rosewood Hillls pond.



Max was excited about seeing the ducks again.



Gabe and I also played some more Monopoly today.  There's a pretty hefty prize awaiting whichever one of us manages to land on FREE PARKING now, and Gabe is sooo mad every time he passes by that space without landing on it!



Headed to the swings.



Max has limited tolerance for swinging.



He tires of it quickly ...



I remember when I thought Gabe would NEVER learn to swing on his own!



Lots of memories from this pond from our childhood.



Max spent a lot of time playing at the water's edge.



He flung some seaweed on me while I was trying to take pictures!



I hate that these irresponsible birds lay their eggs on the ground.  I don't see how this species survives.



Here's the mother bird, pretending to be hurt so we'll go after her and leave the egg alone.  She has no idea what she's up against when the pond gets crowded with kids over the holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment