Monday, April 11, 2011

Quiet Hill Ranch, part 2.


Okay, so DAY 1 was last Friday ...  Happily Max slept most of the way to Fredericksburg.  When we got there we went to this restaurant called The Auslander.



So immediately when we walked in I had deja vu ...  I told Dad that I remember eating at a restaurant that looked like this when we were little.  I swore I was NEVER coming back because we waited nearly an hour for our food ...



Dad said, "Yeah, this is the same place."  (!!!!)  Somewhere I have a picture of Jennie or Katie and one of their Blanco cousins at this restaurant ... dying of hunger and boredom as we waited for our food.



Guess I was wrong about never going back!



Brian's family showed up as we were eating.



Luckily the service was much faster than it was 25 years ago!  The waiter said that at our table we had a famous world leader and an angel.



Next we went to HEB to get some groceries ...



... and browse down the aisle that we can never manage to skip at any store!



It was a 30 minute drive from there to our cabins at Quiet Hill Ranch in Doss.



The view from our cabin porch.



Here's Dan talking to the owner of the place, Jim Whatley.



Each family had our own cabin, and we had a large central building with a full kitchen and game room (behind Maya here).



Seeing that there was a pool, the first thing the kids wanted to do was swim!



The water was REALLY cold!



Maya didn't seem to mind at all ...



Dan and I got in with the kids ...



Remind me to not go swimming in April ... BRRR!



The kids loved it!



We had dinner in the shared building ...



And fed scraps to their pig ...



Priscilla.



Took a hike down the trail ...



Beautiful view behind us!



Maya, showing us that she was about to lose her first tooth!  (She lost it actually yesterday and was so excited!)



I think that's enough for tonight!  Lots more stories and pictures to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment