Today Gabe used his allowance to buy a Van Kleiss action figure from Generator Rex. When we got home from Wal-Mart, he closed himself in his room and created a four-minute toy review on the flip camera!
When he emerged with the finished product, the first thing he did was ask, "What does rotate mean?" When Daddy explained, he was immediately upset that he'd used the term incorrectly in his review.
Listening to his review, Dan and I were all grins. He was using the language and flow of the toy reviews he likes to watch, and he sounded so professional! We haven't put it up on Youtube yet, but he will definitely have his own toy review channel soon!
This afternoon Gabe, Joe, Maya, Mark and I played kickball! Gabe and Joe were pretty enthusiastic. Maya was cooperative but not very concerned about the rules of the game, and kept forgetting to stay on the base, sometimes wandering away or going to the wrong base.
Wish I had some game pics, because it was funny! I tried to get Ian to play a few times, but he could not be convinced to kick the ball only once and run to a base. He kept running after the ball and kicking it again and again, like soccer! Nathan even came up to kick once, but he wanted to keep the ball afterward and play with it.
Lately I've thinking about it hard, and have finally come to the conclusion that I guess I will not have any more kids. I realize that I won't feel safe unless I have the oophorectomy by 38, and if I did that, the next child would be about Max's age when I'm going for my surgeries. This is by no means the only reason, and it was an agonizing decision. But I think it is made.
I will be mindful and try to enjoy Max's babyhood to the fullest. I love this little guy so much.
Conversations around the compound have shifted back to the questions: Are we going to live here permanently? Or will we decide to move away? Another critically important decision to be made.
I think we all want to stay together, whatever we do. We'll see what the future holds ...









No comments:
Post a Comment