Ever wonder what kind of people go to the zoo on a Tuesday in the middle of November?
It's only the weirdoes.
The kids loved it! We spent four hours there!
Maya was horrified when the sea lion we'd been watching crawled out of the water.
Gabe didn't want to miss out on seeing any of the animals, but some were being "relocated" to their new rainforest exhibit.
Brian took the day off work, and Joe played hooky for our trip.
Warning: the only meal served at the zoo on a Tuesday in November is pizza. If you don't like pizza and didn't bring a lunch, you have to eat Sun Chips and Cheetos.
Here's Max and the squirrel he almost got hold of. Those things are not shy! I had to put the camera down quick! At least the pigeons scooted away.
The orangutans were really putting on a show!
Crowded around the lion water fountain, which has been at the zoo forever.
I thought I had a picture of Brian and me in front of it when we were little to go with this one.
I couldn't find the one with him in it. Here's Shirley, Becky, me, mom, and Jerry with the same lion though.
Speaking of old vs. new, can you believe it now costs $2.50 for one kid to ride the carousel?
You can hear the old guy who operates it saying, "Byyyyyye. Hey! Byyyyyye!" every time it comes around. I guess that's probably all he says, all day long.
Trying to get a glimpse at the giraffes through all the construction.
Brian and his two oldest.
I have a cute pic of Gabe in front of this buffalo when he was little, but can't find it. Do you know where it is, Mom? Gabe, I promise I'll post it when I find it. Wish you had smiled for me here, baby!
Cute one of Joe and Max.
The petting zoo now ...
And then. (Jerry, Brian, Becky, and me.)
There was a quarter and a nickel in this dry fountain!
Maya had been waiting to see the lions the whole time.
Well, we almost got out of the zoo without accident or injury ... until we were on our way out and this rhino came crashing through the wall and gored Joe.
Goodnight!






















No comments:
Post a Comment