So, how am I coping? Well, what do you think? Did you guess, not well? A prize for you!
Of course, it would help to know what I am coping with. Blood draw will be next Tuesday.
Some folks are coping well. Gabe says, "Gene schmene." Yes, he said those words. And yes, I've told him ... in what way he can understand, making it clear that there's no threat to him at all now. Of course, Gabe is used to his mommy worrying about lots of things and takes me with a grain of salt. He decided to take pictures of rear ends today.
All the reading I'm doing is not helping me cope.
But at least these guys force me to!
The boys had a make-up soccer game scheduled at the last moment for tonight.






I just have to tell you about my uncle. He read years and years ago that a vegetarian/vegan diet was the way to go if you wanted to prevent cancer. So he has been on one ever since. A year or so ago he was diagnosed with cancer. A tumor in his leg (thigh). He went through surgery, therapy, etc. He and my parents were talking one night afterwards about his choice to be vegetarian and the reasoning that it would help prevent cancer...and my mom's reply was "so how's that workin' out for you?" (with much sarcasm...you'd have to know my mom).
ReplyDeleteAll I'm saying is that things happen...and things don't happen. If we spend too much time worrying about what MIGHT happen, what's to say that the self-inflicted stress wouldn't cause disease? I say, live today as best you can, because NO ONE is guaranteed tomorrow. Make your memories, treat your body and your relationships with reasonable care and let all the "what-ifs" go.
I do wish all the best for any test results and for your family's health regardless. =)