Thursday, May 13, 2010

The beach! (part 2), a root canal, and Gabe's last day of school.


Since Max turned one he has been enjoying these "biter biscuits."  When he was about 8 months old I tried him on larger foods he could hold after reading a book called Baby-Led Weaning.  I bought into the theory at first, but he kept gagging so awfully that I totally freaked out!  So, this is his first experience with food not cut up into tiny bits.  (We never did pureed foods with either Max or Gabe.)




Alright, back to our FUN vacation!!  (Oh, and get a good look at this hat.  Take this hint as foreshadowing for an event to come ...)




On Tuesday we went to Moody Gardens, proper.  Due to unplanned redundancy with switching school programs, Gabe has learned an awful lot about penguins.




Emperor penguins are his fave!




Touching the starfish.  When Joe touched it, Brian made a scary bzzzzt! noise.  The lady from the Galveston Archdiocese Convention scolded him.  Ha.




This is a nice pic of you, Mom.  I recommend using it for your facebook.




Moody Gardens was fun for most of us!




But some of us felt like we were in one of these ...




Here's a rare one with Yomare in it!




Whew!  That was tiring.




We ate in our own little private room at Fish Tales with an awesome view of Ike's destruction of one of our former favorite hotels.




"Why do they call it 'pilaf,' Brian?"




A little food in our bellies woke everyone up ...

TO BE CONTINUED!!  (I know you can't wait!)  

Now, as for today ...




Today was Gabe's LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!  They painted an eagle on his head.  I'm not sure why.  He also had soccer practice.

Also, I had a dentist appointment today.  And I am going in for a root canal on Monday ... ugh!  

Tune in tomorrow for part three of the beach!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment