Friday, October 1, 2010

Medusa.


As Halloween approaches, there are more and more strange things to be found at our house.



I finished painting Medusa's head while Max was still asleep this morning.



Yes, there are a lot of seedy looking characters hanging around ...



I'm so mad at myself for failing to take a picture of Max in his Spider-man costume last night.  I'll post one the next time he's wearing it!



Today Gabe took a math test and a spelling test, and then we headed off for Party City.  Max grabbed a little pumpkin and pretended it was his shopping basket.  (It's funny to see how he will pick up a bag or basket, sling it over his arm, and carry it around!)



Got a new black light because last year I put my old one up in a very "safe place."  (Somewhere ...)



We've been studying Italy, and focusing on the Italian Renaissance.



Gabe enjoyed this book the other day about a little girl who travels into a painting to visit the Mona Lisa ...



We never know when we're going to run across something that fits in perfectly with everything we've been learning about!



And speaking of the Italian Renaissance, I just happened to take this picture of Max playing with Michelangelo.




Witch dress still fits.  Gabe took two pictures, and as it turned out, the one that missed my face is the better photo.



Now I just need to glue the hair down ... next time Max is taking a good nap!





No comments:

Post a Comment