Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween part 1 ... the setup.


I can't finish the Halloween blog in one night because (1) it's too big a topic, (2) the photo disc keeps causing my stupid computer to have a "cyclic redundancy error" and shut down, and (3) the only reason Max has quit screaming at me right now is that I'm constantly feeding him pieces of cough drop!



Here's the setup in the barn before the party began!



Sea Monster in the pond ...



Ghosts behind the pond.



The scarecrow in the garden is a new addition this year.



Mom created this garden.  It's the Yucky Witch's garden, to be contrasted with the Cookie Witch's garden, which was beautiful!!



The Pumpkin Goblin in his "home sweet home."



The three hags are brand new!



The Invisible Man is also a new addition.  He was a hit!



Sleepy Hollow was my favorite part to dream up.  Sadly, though, I guess I failed to explain it fully or make adequate signage!  I'm thinking that a lot of people didn't notice the Headless Horseman lurking in the shed behind the fence, holding his head.  I also had a smashed pumpkin in the trail, which was found with his hat ... the last trace of Ichabod Crane.  Someone must have thought that the smashed pumpkin in the trail was an accidental mess, and picked it up and set it on the fence post!  (This is what I am guessing ... maybe there was more to the story than that?)



Gabe said that the "Giant Monster" was his favorite new addition.



The alligator looked great out in the grass.  We had to bring him in today, though, because something was trying to eat his eye or rip it off ...



Frankenstein's lab, where the kids got to play the "Spooky Feel Game" to identify body parts, and also give the heart a few pumps (with a bicycle pump) to help bring Frankenstein back to life.



The front gate, set up by Mom!!



Coming soon, photos from the actual party!  (As soon as I overcome technical difficulties with the disc.)  Cackle, cackle.  But, since you're being good (and so is Max, now), I will add a couple pics from today!



This morning we went walking to see what remained of the decor we left out last night.



Here's the aforementioned Headless Horseman, leaning up against the horse shelter.  (There's a sign pointing to him!)  You can also see where some thoughtful person cleaned up the smashed pumpkin by putting it on fence posts.



I hope some folks made it down the path to see the motion-activated ghost!



And the spooky eye guys in the brush!



Gabe had a soccer game today after these were taken.  Guess what!!  He scored a goal!! 



Fidget overindulged on party day and was seen having explosive diarrhea afterward.



Recuperating from Party Day and discussing what to do next year!

More party pics when I get them!  Goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment