Thursday, January 12, 2012

Interviewing Amigo.


Today Gabe and I went to interview "Amigo," Dan's grandfather, for Gabe's Heritage Project!



Since it was too cold to play outside, we left Maxie at home with Grandma.  Max does really well now, left alone with Grandma or Daddy for 2 or 3 hours in the mornings.  That is encouraging, considering that I'll need to start working soon!




We interviewed Amigo today, but I totally forgot to take any pictures!  So I'm putting up a couple of old pictures I scanned in long ago.  (Unfortunately, I don't have any scanned images of him, but here's one of his wife, Dan's grandmother, whom we interviewed the last time.)  



And he is IN this photo of the whole family, taken long ago.  (That's Dan at the bottom right.)  Despite getting polio when he was 20 months old (which left him handicapped for life), Amigo had a happy childhood and an interesting adult life!



Here's a picture of Dan's family I found in the same spot I found these ...



Gabe has one more living great grandparent that we can interview (New Granny).  Guess we'll be seeing her next!  (Heads up!)







No comments:

Post a Comment