Monday, January 23, 2012

Frustrations and fails!



Today has been a day of FRUSTRATIONS AND FAILS!

  So, last night we found a toad.  Gabe's little school has asked the kids to bring in frogs or toads this week, so we decided to keep him for a couple days ...



He looked something like this.  (I am having to use a borrowed image here, because the real toad is now lost ...)



He is either burrowed in the dirt of the little home we made, or LOOSE IN OUR HOUSE.



I don't see any froggy-body prints or wet spots on the floor (leading me to believe he may be burrowed).  BUT, I have not seen hide nor hair of him since last night, despite the box getting kicked all around the kitchen today (leading me to believe he got the heck out of there).  



Last night when we made his little home, I asked Buddy, "Do you think he can get out?"  Buddy said, "No."

Then I asked Dan the same question.  He said, "Oh, absolutely."  SO, I watched him for a few hours last night, and he seemed to have no success in escaping.  Then, this morning, he was gone ...



Maybe Daddy was right.  Dan took down his facebook today (in case you're looking for him).  He is sick of it right now.



The broken dishwasher remains broken.  So here's the breakdown.  Cost of repairman:  $130.  Cost of part:  $80.  Availability of probable needed part:  NOT AVAILABLE.  Date part will become available again:  UNKNOWN.  Cost of new dishwasher:  $300.

Status:  We're headed to Lowe's for a new dishwasher tomorrow.



But the BIGGEST problem today has been dealing with the LaTasha Bennett, the scheduler at MD Anderson.  Who is either completely inept, does not like to do her job, or is a gatekeeper on a power trip who does not like me.  (I think it's all three.)  I have been trying to get these appointments straightened out for a week and a half.  I called her ALL DAY.  At 5pm, instead of calling me back, she sent me a one-sentence e-mail stating that she rescheduled my appointments for next month -- at dates and times WORSE than the ones before, and totally without my consent.



Can you imagine me leaving someone an angry message, saying, "This is completely unacceptable."?  Or writing a message that ends in "YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME AGAIN."?



Max says, "I mad too, Mama!"



Does this butternut squash soup look gross to you?

Well, it WAS gross.  You are right.

Tomorrow I'll be speaking with the patient advocate.  And getting a new dishwasher.  And searching for a lost toad.

GOODNIGHT!








No comments:

Post a Comment