Friday, December 10, 2010

Tomball Candlelight Christmas and the new cam.


Started using the new camera today, and so far I'm not all that impressed.  The low-light pics are definitely better though.



The images are a little soft, and the colors aren't quite as pleasing so far.  Here's Max wearing just one sock.  He loves to run around at night with only one sock on, and he gets mad if you take it off, or try to put the other sock on him!



Macro mode is a definite improvement.



Gabe is the most excited about my having a new camera, because I told him he could have the old one!



Some pictures look very high-contrast, and some of the colors are washed out.



It also has a panorama mode where you have to move the camera to the left to capture a larger image.




Dan's going to mess around with the settings on it.



Sometimes the way I move the camera for the panoramic shots warps the images.



Our house.



"Bleah!"  (This is what Max says when he wants you to wipe the dirt off his hands.)



The view from our driveway.



I think my Casio could have taken a prettier shot, but it does not respond quickly enough to take the picture I want in low light.



Gabe and I were both going crazy taking pictures with our new (and "new") cameras today.



Tonight we went to the Tomball museum area for their candlelight Christmas celebration.



I've never been to one of these when it was warm outside!  They were serving hot wassail, and cold wassail too!



I was going to sneak a picture of Gabe wearing the DUNCE cap, but ran into Ben Scholl, who was manning the schoolhouse.  He showed us a picture of when he went to school here, and he said to tell everyone hi.



Brian and his fam went to their ward Christmas party tonight, and Grandma and Buddy were at Peggy's.  Tomorrow's Maya's birthday party!


No comments:

Post a Comment