Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Computer saga, part 2.


Here's my computer guy and his little apprentice.  He took my little laptop into the OR this morning and sent me a full surgical report:



"Your laptop survived.  He is in recovery now.  It's possible you could visit him as early as this evening... but I would suggest you not stay long.  He drifted in and out of consciousness this morning mumbling about getting liquids spilled on him and generally not being taken care of hygienically (in between defibrillator hits).

"When I opened the patient up and got down to the motherboard to see why he was over-heating (I assumed a fan was broken) I found a layer of lint the exact shape and size of the vent sandwiched between the fan and the heatsink.  This would have eventually ended the patient's life with no chance of resuscitation.  The processor would have melted.  So if not for this hard drive failure, you would have never known about the blockage in the cooling system.  The hard drive failure saved his life."



So, I guess it's sort of a good thing that I became violent with my computer when I couldn't chat with customer service the other day.  Sort of like a brain scan after a car wreck that reveals a hidden tumor.  Thanks, Brian.



Today was Gabe's last day of class before Christmas break, so Max and I ran errands.  I bought him this shirt at Walmart for a dollar.  He likes to point to the race car on it and make "vroom vroom" noises!



Hanging out with Buddy when we got back.  Buddy is still volunteering on a farm every week.  Yesterday he brought me back ...



... this lovely bouquet of kale!



Happy baby!



Apparently the Christmas party at his little school made today the most fun class day ever!  Here's the stuffed animal Gabe brought home from the stuffed animal exchange.  He stayed at school later than usual ...



... and Daddy came home from work earlier than usual!  I finally get Dan to smile nicely for a picture, and here's what Max does ...



The computer is fixed, the Christmas shopping is nearing completion, and everyone is doing fine.  Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment