Thursday, December 16, 2010

Max adds emphasis to "no!"


"No" is one of Max's all time favorite words!  But it is a continuous work in progress.  What started out as simply shaking his head has evolved into a full-fledged, finger-wagging, "Nnnnnnnnnno!" (with a very long "n" sound).  He even adds "ah-ah-ah" for good measure!



Since we all think this is funny, he usually laughs afterward like this is the best joke ever!



Gabe is the usual target for "no-no-no, ah-ah-ah," but Max is generous with his no-nos and even shook his finger at a woman at the store the other day!



When Gabe was little I remember reading in a developmental book that babies were supposed to say, "No!" and "Mine!" at his age, and being concerned that he never did.  Then I realized that he never said, "Mine!" because no one ever said that to him!  (He probably also didn't hear the word "no" enough, but that is another story!)  



Today Mom put up this background from the dollar store to make our kitchen bar look like a fireplace.



Every night Gabe and I read from this Advent Storybook, and open one of these pictures that I'm drawing to go along with the book.  We read Caillou, too, for Max.



Yes, we are all full of the Christmas spirit, most of the time.  Or full of something, at least.  As we like to say in a sarcastic sing-song voice in our house when people are whining and upset, "Happy Christmas!"


No comments:

Post a Comment