Today we had a visit from a new friend, a local lady who is also a BRCA1 carrier and going through the same issues! She brought her two little boys who played with Gabe and Joe. (But I don't want to take pictures of someone I just met, and besides, she doesn't like people to know about her gene ...)

Upcoming for Buster: He needs to go to the vet for heartworm medicine, a shot, and to get fixed. We were going to take him in for the first two things today, but couldn't find a leash! So we'll buy a new one and take him next week.

Upcoming for Max: Little does he know, he has an appointment for a shot tomorrow. Max has had exactly one immunization. I've read way too much about vaccines and always freak out and cancel his appointments. The one vax he had was DTaP. Tomorrow he will have another DTaP, since I have heard about a pertussis epidemic. That is, if I don't freak and cancel again.

Upcoming for Gabe: For his third grade year Gabe will be attending a little program on Wednesdays. I will also be doing a co-op with some other moms where I will teach Spanish and multiculturalism. We may also join another homeschool group. Soccer starts again in October. It should be a fun year! Right now he is enjoying the summer. (I was going to say "carefree days of summer," but he's too worried about tornadoes for that to be applicable.)

Upcoming for Dan: He starts his new job at UHD on August 16th. He'll have a week off between jobs! His new boss selected a team of great, easy-going people, some of whom Dan already knows. He'll also have a much shorter commute. We are looking forward to these changes!

Upcoming for Mom and Dad: They may take a trip somewhere during Dan's week off. Oregon? We'll see!

Upcoming for me: I've decided to see Dr. Lu as soon as I can for a second opinion. Also, do you see how awful my hair looks? That's because I quit dying it when I started worrying about cancer. So I am going to try to dye it myself with natural henna. Soon I will blog about this disaster waiting to happen. I already tried to quit using shampoo and use baking soda and vinegar instead ... I smelled like a science fair volcano for awhile. I don't use much makeup, and I finally perfected the use of aluminum-free deodorant. (Baking soda is the key!) More beauty "don'ts" to follow.
Quote of the night at our house: "Gabe, if you make that Saturn-Uranus joke one more time, you're not getting an allowance next week."

No comments:
Post a Comment