At 6:30 this morning we found a little courtyard at MD Anderson to play in as the sun was coming up. (Although my check-in time wasn't till 8:30, we left at 5:30 to miss the traffic!) Max is getting used to the trip and sleeping the whole way.

Since kids aren't allowed on the 4th floor at all, Dad and Max had lots of time alone together. And as always, Max was an "official" visitor.

This was my first ever MRI, and I felt a little nervous about how I was going to be still for that long! They asked if I was claustrophobic and wanted a sedative. I didn't want a sedative, but in the end it depended on what their apparatus looked like, and how closely the experience would resemble being slid into a drawer in the morgue!
For a breast MRI you have to lie on your stomach. So I just lay there, shut my eyes, and kept them shut for the entire procedure, and I didn't feel anxious. I put in the earplugs and listened to the noises ... a snapping sound and a burping sound followed by a series of tones, then a noise like a washing machine with a built in alarm clock. The time passed quickly, and I hovered in a semi-sleep state until the tech wheeled me out.

So anyway, no news about results yet. I guess I'll get a call from the doc next week. Max took a long nap when we got home after his big day out!

In other news, the Blue Menace made another appearance today, and this time he looked even more menacing!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

When Max gets hot, little beads of sweat appear on his nose.

Here are the babies playing together tonight.
I'll post about my MRI results when I get them! I'm supposed to see Dr. Arun again on Thursday. Goodnight!

No comments:
Post a Comment