Gabe rarely chooses to grace us with his presence this summer. Given the choice, he prefers to spend most of his time at the Barndominium with Grandma and Buddy, especially when Joe is there.
So if there's no Wii playing going on, Gabe is out the door.
His other big deal this summer is worrying about tornadoes. He obsesses over the clouds in the sky ("Are those tornado-warning clouds?") and starts to panic when the wind blows. I'm not sure how he acquired such a firmly-implanted fear.
Since he's seemed interested, I've been reading him books about tornadoes and hurricanes, watching weather forecasts with him, and talking about storm preparedness.
But maybe learning about tornadoes was a mistake. Maybe I shouldn't talk about them at all. I'm really not sure how to dispel his fear, since it is 99% irrational, and everything I say just seems to compound it. I'm not getting any Great Mom awards for this one.
Oh, and guess what. Max is sick. He's spiked a 102 fever a couple of times in the last 24 hours.
He's been fussy all day but was feeling better just now when we were out searching the sky for tornadoes. Hopefully he'll be well tomorrow!







No comments:
Post a Comment