Max woke up from his nap today to a loud thunderclap, and the lights went out! Here he is, wondering what was going on!

He usually likes to play in the rain, but I couldn't let him go out in the thunder and lightning.

Here's Daddy and the Blue Menace. Daddy was looking for the phone number of the power company to report the outage, and Gabe was telling me that I owe him $20. (A couple of nights ago he was worried that the power would go off. I told him it wasn't going to, and I was so sure of it that I'd give him $20 if it did. Well, that arrangement was just for the night, and not for the rest of Gabe's life!)

Here's Mom, still trying to find the number of the power company. Usually our power comes back on quickly. During Hurricane Ike, when many people lost power for weeks, ours was back on within about 12 hours! (I've heard that this is because we are on the same power grid as the fire department, but I'm not sure of it.)

The power was off from 3:30 till 5:30, during the time that dinner is usually prepared and eaten. So despite the appetizing menu I had proposed earlier today, this is what we had. Yuck!

When the power came back on, the older boys went back to their lazy vegging on Grandma and Buddy's couch, watching Madagascar ...

... while the baby boys stepped out to get wet!

Hope I won't be arguing with Gabe all night about the 20 bucks. Wish me luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment