It's funny how you never know what the day will bring. I would never have guessed this morning that this would be the title of today's post.
Max has still been running a little low-grade fever all day, but has no other symptoms except a little fussiness. So we all went to the library (more Egypt books) and got fast food. Max can't wait to get a few more teeth so he can take a big bite of my hamburger.

I was taking these photos to document just how far we have to go to get to our mailbox. It is about a 5-10 minute walk. Here is Gabe walking. Just before we found the puppy.

Checking the mail. Dan had no clue his day was about to get a lot more annoying.

Heading back home, we heard a tiny bark come from the other side of old Mr. Burkhardt's fence. And out flopped a fuzzy little brown puppy. Dan tried to chase it away. But it was tiny. And cute. And helpless. And following us down the road.

See what I mean. Does anyone know what breed this little guy most closely resembles? I knocked on Old Man Burkhardt's door, but no one answered. You can't even tell by looking at his house if he still lives there or not. There was an old note to him on the door from the Mormon missionaries. Called Mrs. Rush when we got home, and she had never seen this puppy before.

When we got home the puppy followed me in the back door and started chowing down on Fidget's food like he'd never eaten before in his life. I couldn't bring myself to stop him. Dan said that if we kept him his name would be Buster. (Dan wanted to name Max Buster, but I had vetoed it.)
We went to the barn to ask Buddy for advice about what to do to keep the puppy safe and warm overnight till we could locate someone to take him. Gabe walked in the door and said, "Buddy, my mom wants you to help her with our new dog, Buster!" Laughter ensued ...

This is Dan's shirt that he always wanted. He finally ordered it with some of our tax money and got it in the mail today. I told him that he was just asking for a new pet.
Tomorrow we will make some fliers and spread the word about our found dog. We will look for somebody to take him. I hope someone will. But Gabe is kind of fixated on Buster. It feels like we might have a new pet. On the negative side, we already have a dog, an infant, lots to do, not much money ... On the positive side, we couldn't have asked for a cuter one ...

No comments:
Post a Comment