Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Behind the scenes at the post office.


Okay ... so, the post office tour was not a thrill-a-minute for Gabe.  We went to the Panther Creek post office on Gosling.  The "tour guide" was friendly enough but spoke too softly and went on and on ...




These photos were taken behind the doors at the post office, where the mail carriers come to sort the mail!  Cool, right?  Gabe was somewhat interested at first, but soon started asking, "When are we gonna go?!"  

Max was restless too, making it clear that he wanted to be put down to play.  I pulled out every object in my purse to occupy him and he threw them on the ground, one by one.  At the end he bit down hard on one of Mom's keys, hurt his mouth and started screaming.  I hurried to take him outside but couldn't find an exit to the front of the post office!  So we desperately scrambled around the postal labyrinth until we were mercifully shown an exit.



Mom put Max in one of the baskets at the post office.  More Egypt books.  Gabe said, "I've seen enough things today.  I wanna go home."



Dan worked from home today.  He had a nice "Daddy Day" break from us!



Buddy and Max.



The "Mummy Pharaoh."  Gabe invented this "good guy" character based on our Ancient Egypt study.



And here's the "Spookmaster," our Ancient Egyptian villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment