Today was Cowboy Day at Gabe's school! This is the best we could do for a cowboy costume on a budget. Maybe we should be ashamed to call ourselves Texans since our son doesn't own a pair of cowboy boots! Mom bought the plaid shirt ... (Though Dan says real cowboy shirts have two pockets and snaps, Gabe can actually wear this one with another ensemble without looking dorky.) She also donated the hat (Gabe has worn an adult-size hat since he was a small child). The bandana is Dan's. Ride 'em cowboy!
Max was practicing his crawling today! He is getting really good!

I have no previous experience with a crawling baby! Gabe always fussed too much to be put down, and he never learned to crawl until after he learned to walk.

Here's Max and his very, very attentive older brother.

Two seconds later ... Enough now! Put me down!

One sock on, one off. As always.
Well, tomorrow is Mummy Day! Gabe, Joe, Grandma and Buddy are going to the Houston Museum of Natural Science to see the mummy 3D IMAX and visit the exhibits (including the resident mummy). We're about to read another mummy book tonight to get ready for the big event.

Unfortunately, I have decided it's just not feasible for me to bring Max to the mummy festivities. So, Max and I will be home, sulking. (Well, I will be sulking). So instead of taking pictures of my pouting face, I will send the camera with Gabe tomorrow and see what kind of pictures he can bring back!
And what is this horrendous-looking thing? This is a sculpture of Osiris, one of the Ancient Egyptian gods. Since he is not available as a toy, I am forced to use my awful, sad sculpting skills to fashion one. Right now Gabe is ticked off that I am on the computer instead of finishing Osiris. Maybe he will look better painted. Maybe not. Next comes Isis!



No comments:
Post a Comment