On Friday morning we got up in Arlington and made the short drive to Six Flags!
Carrying a sleeping baby into the park ...
At first things didn't look too crowded! Gabe and I rode this spinning ride all by ourselves (no other passengers in line) ...
(Our feet.)
Ready to start spinning!
A nice, mild ride to start with ...
Meanwhile, Daddy's job was to wake up Max. They sat and waited for this restaurant to open.
Gabe and I ran off and rode Runaway Mountain (an indoor roller coaster in the dark), and then the Gunslinger, here ...
Meeting back up with Max and Daddy ...
Gabe was irritated that Daddy wouldn't buy him a whole hamburger meal. (He didn't want to, because one combo meal cost him $17!)
Seeing Mama!
Daddy wasn't interested in riding any rides.
Maxie wasn't either.
But Dan and Gabe did ride this one! It's a ride that takes you straight up ...
("Look at Daddy and Gabe go up!")
... then drops you down (but not violently, because there's a parachute).
Running off the ride!
Maxie could not be relied upon to walk straight around the park, instead dancing around like a goofball, almost running into people ...
There were some rides he could have gone on, but he wasn't interested.
We asked if he wanted to ride this one, and he said, "No! It's too dangerous. It's gonna kill all the people."
Gabe had a rather stoic response to the big thrill rides we went on. The Texas Giant (here) had maybe the steepest coaster drop I've even experienced. He didn't scream or yell or get upset or anxious before riding any of the coasters. (But after the ride he nonchalantly said, "That was really scary. I don't think I wanna do that again.")
Here was my view for about 45 minutes ...
... while Max took his nap in my lap.
Meanwhile Gabe and Daddy went off to win some prizes!
Gabe won Superman and Batman himself, by throwing darts at balloons I think.
Daddy won the little ones in a claw machine.
Next it was the log ride ...
... always my favorite as a kid.
Gabe wanted to go up in the tall tower! (He also asked to ride this Superman ride that drops you straight down, but that request was denied!)
Here you can see that huge, steep drop on the Texas Giant.
He wanted to walk up the steps to get even higher in the tower!
Mama doesn't like heights, but I went anyway of course ...
Oh, here's the Batman ride, which was the first big coaster Gabe and I rode.
On the way home, through apocalyptic Arlington traffic, we stopped at Sweet Tomatoes ...
Ah ... salad.
We could have stayed much later, but the troops weren't having it.
Still, it was a big day. Only one more day left of our vacation to report tomorrow!





































No comments:
Post a Comment