Monday, April 23, 2012

Earth Day.


Okay, I know that yesterday was Earth Day.  But today was our lesson about it at co-op.



We focused on fossil fuels:  what they are, where they come from, uses, and disadvantages.



I put a bunch of household products on a table and asked them to divide them into groups:  things made from oil, and things not made from oil.  (But it was a trick question, because all the things were made from oil.)



Then we played a little game to guess how long it takes for products we use to biodegrade, along the lines of The Price is Right.



Finally, we had a picnic outside (to enjoy the Earth), then put our trash in a glass jar to simulate a landfill.  I'm going to bring it back so we can see which items biodegrade.



I'm really excited about the next two weeks of co-op.  Next week we are going to pretend to solve a bunch of "crimes" using forensic science.  Then we're having a big trivia game/field day!



No real leads for jobs that meet my criteria yet ...  maybe I am being unrealistic.  (Or maybe just impatient.)  Here's Maya, "taking a bath" in sand.

Goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment