Waking up at Great Wolf Lodge Thursday morning ...
A little sleepy ... but time to hit the water park again!
We couldn't take pictures on the slides, so I stole these from the internet. This is the Howlin' Tornado ... the most intense ride at the park! Gabe and I rode it repeatedly. (This is also the only one Daddy rode.)
We also really loved the River Canyon Run. (This was the other really big slide.)
We could have played at the water park till close, but we had to check out of our room by 11 ... so when we were ready for a break, we had to leave! Back on the road -- to Arlington! The endless construction going on in Arlington is the worst I've ever seen ... no freeway exits are where they used to be, roads are closed off ... There was even a train PARKED on the road of one of the routes we were supposed to take.
Lunch at Pho 95 ...
... where everything should have cost 4.95 (but it was still a good price)!
I love Vietnamese food ...
Max got a giant bowl of rice.
Eating vegan is easy at Asian places. Here's tofu with noodles, bean sprouts, and pickled veggies.
Our new hotel ...
... where we spent the last two nights ...
Happy!
It's called the Blue Cypress Inn ... must have been a very nice place in its heyday (before all the construction). We stayed in one of the remodeled rooms.
View from the window was not great. (I think this is that freakin' parked train.)
Heated pool should have been separated from the air conditioning of the building ... just sayin'.
The kids don't mind the cold at least!
Dinner at the Magic Time Machine!
Our waitress was Lara Croft from Tomb Raider (a character our kids were not familiar with).
Gabe was slurping his soda constantly, and some guy walked by and said, "I think it's empty."
And I laughed suddenly, and salad shot out of my mouth.
Gabe, drinking his "bubbly" (which he's been talking about ever since our last trip to the Magic Time Machine in San Antonio)!





















No comments:
Post a Comment