Day 1: First stop! Chili's in Tyler.
Max realizes we're definitely doing something unusual ...
... but doesn't care, because he has french fries. Here's a vegan "meal" at Chili's: black beans, pico de gallo, steamed broccoli with no butter, and corn tortillas.
First hotel! Gabe and I liked this hotel best, we decided.
Headed down to go swimming! I made sure all our hotels had indoor pools.
Arriving at UT Tyler, my alma mater.
Campus is mostly the same, with the addition of more buildings, landscaping and art ...
The school seems to have a mascot (Hawks or Patriots, or some kind of patriotic hawk) now ... it didn't when I was there!
Familiar grassy steps ...
First time to see with my little ones ...
Playing on the steps ...
It was Superman day again.
Gabe and me ...
This clock tower was not there before ...
... nor was this little brook.
Walking the path we always used to walk ...
The Cowan Center.
Daddy wore this shirt every day of the vacation (I think).
Throwing the kid in the fountain ...
I used to pass this turtle statue every day.
Climbing up ...
This is the pond where Dan and I tested out our first video camera ... need to find those videos.
Indoor pool ...
Riding on Mama's back.
I liked this pool best!
It had a hot tub ... and we were the only ones in it!
Reading his Bone comic books ... I'll post more of the vacation later!



























No comments:
Post a Comment